Over 60 Years of Combined Experience
Morgantown Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Helping You Get Back on Track After a Motorcycle Accident
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the number of motorcyclists who were killed in 2018 added up to 4,985. Though the number has decreased by 5% in the United States, it’s still important to be aware of the more serious injuries that can result from a motorcycle crash, as riders can lack the outer protection that drivers in passenger vehicles have. After being injured in a motorcycle accident due to negligence, Shaffer Madia Law can help you heal by holding the at-fault driver responsible. Our team has more than 60 years of experience achieving optimal results for our clients, and we have the resources needed to help you build your case.
Our team has recovered tens of millions of dollars for our injured clients – trust our years of demonstrated success and call (304) 244-4433, or contact us online for a free consultation. We also proudly serve Clarksville.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Most accidents involving motorcycles are cause by other motorists on the road.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Impaired driving: Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol may not be able to see motorcyclists, especially at night. Impaired driving also slows the reflexes, which means drivers might not brake or swerve in time to avoid colliding with a motorcycle. Impaired drivers can also drive recklessly, forgoing stops and other important traffic signals.
- Speeding: According to California data, speeding accounted for almost half of all accidents that were the fault of the motorcyclist. Whether you’re a biker or driver, driving too fast can cause accidents in various ways, from not having enough time to slow down, to losing control of your vehicle.
- Improper turns: Cars making left-hand turns cause around 42% of all fatal accidents involving motorcycles, as many motorists fail to see motorcycles coming when they attempt a turn, especially at intersections.
- Distracted driving: Many motorists and motorcyclists talk on the phone and read or send texts when they should be focused on the road. Because motorcycles tend to blend into the road or with other cars, or they’re in drivers’ blind spots, it can be easy to miss spotting a motorcycle when your attention is elsewhere.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help
Because injuries after a motorcycle accident tend to be serious, many victims have to be treated for injuries such as brain and head trauma, broken and crushed bones, spinal cord and neck injuries, internal bleeding, burns, and more. The more catastrophic the injuries, the more it can cost to receive treatment, whether you need a hospital stay, surgery, or lifelong care. We know how to handle these type of cases!
Motorcycle Accident Compensation
The costs can quickly add up. Our Morgantown motorcycle accident attorneys believe the injured deserve to receive compensation from those whose conduct caused the accident, and we can advocate for you and your needs.
We’ve recovered tens of millions in damages for our clients, including:
- Medical bills: This includes copayments for visits to your doctor or other treatment facilities, costs of ongoing physical therapy or long-term care, costs of prescription drugs and medical equipment, and any past or future treatment.
- Lost income: Motorcycle accident victims typically have to take time off from their jobs to recover from their serious injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity: Motorcycle accident victims often are not able to earn the same wages in their future work life due to the type of injuries received in these type of collisions.
- Pain and suffering: The injuries received in motorcycle accidents often involve injuries (like road burns) that cause the victim to suffer enormous amounts of pain. We get our clients compensation for this type of damage.
- Psychological damage: As we know from experience, injuries are not only physical. They are mental as well. Psychological damage (mental damages) are often recovered in these types of cases.
- Property damage: If your motorcycle or property you were riding with at the time of the crash was damaged, you may be able to receive compensation for the market value of the motorcycle and other property.
- Punitive damage: Punitive damages are intended to punish and deter the at-fault party. If the at-fault party’s conduct was egregious enough; punitive damages can be awarded.
Our team has recovered tens of millions of dollars for our injured clients – trust our 50+ years of demonstrated success and call (304) 244-4433, or contact our motorcycle accident attorneys in Morgantown online for a free consultation.
60 Years of Combined Experience
Resolved 135+ Lawsuits Involving Serious & Fatal Job Site Injuries
Resolved a Variety of Wrongful Death & Serious Injury Cases
Strong Track Record of Successful Verdicts & Settlements
Successfully Represented Numerous Victims of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Sam Madia Was a Former Trucking Attorney
Joe Shaffer Was Harrison County Prosecuting Attorney for Two Decades
Free Case Evaluations
$325,000 Recovery Assault and Battery
$675,000 Recovery Car Wreck
$800,000 Recovery Car Wreck
The Opinions that Matter Most
“Sam is much more than an excellent lawyer. He is an excellent human being. If I need representation again Sam will be that call.” - Kyle L
“Sam Madia has a kind, caring, considerate heart. His competitive spirit makes him a great lawyer. He always has a kind word for all he meets.” - Suzanne C.