Morgantown Truck Accident Lawyers
Attorneys Who Fight for Your Recovery, Also Serving Clients in Clarksburg
Accidents involving large semi-trucks or other heavy vehicles have the potential to result in greater harm than other accidents, both to people and to property. For this reason, there’s a responsibility on the operators of this heavy equipment to be very careful and considerate of other drivers.
Most do their best, but if someone makes a poor judgment call, the consequences can be severe.
Attorney Sam Madia is a former defense attorney who represented several national trucking companies. In fact, one of the last cases that Sam took to trial as a defense lawyer was a truck collision case. Sam’s experience as a former “trucking company attorney” works to his clients’ benefit. Sam knows the “ins and outs” of these national trucking companies.
Sam knows the pressure points and weaknesses of the national trucking companies. If you have been injured by a trucking company’s conduct or a loved one has lost their life due to a trucking company’s conduct – you need Sam on your side.
Common Injuries from Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can be catastrophic and end in serious injuries due to the sheer size and weight of the truck. Here are some of the most common injuries that can occur in a truck accident:
- Head and brain injuries: These can include concussions, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), and other head injuries. They can be caused by the impact of the accident or by being thrown around inside the vehicle.
- Neck and spinal injuries: Whiplash is a common injury in accidents and it can cause damage to the neck and spine. More serious injuries, such as herniated discs or spinal cord injuries, can also happen.
- Broken bones: The impact of a truck accident can cause bones to fracture or break. Some of the common broken bones in truck accidents include arms, legs, and ribs.
- Internal injuries: The force of a truck accident can cause internal injuries, such as internal bleeding, organ damage, or bruising.
- Burns: If a truck catches fire, the occupants can suffer from severe burns. Burns can also occur from chemicals if the truck was transporting them.
- Psychological trauma: Truck accidents can be traumatizing, and survivors may suffer from emotional distress, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or depression.
It is important to seek medical attention after a truck accident, even if you do not think you are injured. Some injuries may not show symptoms immediately, and delaying treatment can lead to complications or worsened conditions. In addition, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney if you have been injured in a truck accident. They can help you understand your legal rights and pursue compensation for your injuries, medical bills, and other damages.
A truck may weight 20-30 times more than a passenger vehicle and can take 40% longer to stop. This means your average car or SUV is much more likely to take significant damage in an accident with a truck—and your injuries are likely to be more severe than the other driver’s.
It’s always a good idea to take extra care around trucks or heavy machinery.
There are several precautions you can take around large trucks:
- Stay out of blind spots. Don’t linger to the side of a truck when passing on the highway.
- Drive far enough behind trucks that you can see the vehicle’s side mirrors.
- If possible, don’t pull all the way forward into an intersection if a semi is turning into the lane next to you. This leaves room for wide turns.
- Do not quickly decelerate after pulling in front of a truck.
- Always wear a seatbelt.
Work With a Personal Injury Advocate
Even if you do your part to keep yourself and your passengers safe, accidents can still happen. If they do, know you don’t have to fight for compensation alone.
Shaffer Madia Law, with offices in Clarksburg and Morgantown, is a renowned personal injury firm in Morgantown. Also serving Clarksburg and surrounding areas, our truck accident lawyers are dedicated to helping those who have been injured, wronged, or harmed. If you or your vehicle took damage as the result of an accident with a truck, have no fear. Shaffer Madia Law knows how to handle insurance companies and large corporations and can give your case the chance it deserves. We have won millions for our clients and want to help you too!
60 Years of Combined Experience
Resolved 135+ Lawsuits Involving Serious & Fatal Job Site Injuries
Resolved a Variety of Wrongful Death & Serious Injury Cases
Strong Track Record of Successful Verdicts & Settlements
Successfully Represented Numerous Victims of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Sam Madia Was a Former Trucking Attorney
Joe Shaffer Was Harrison County Prosecuting Attorney for Two Decades
Free Case Evaluations
$325,000 Recovery Assault and Battery
$800,000 Recovery Car Wreck
$675,000 Recovery Car Wreck
“Sam is much more than an excellent lawyer. He is an excellent human being. If I need representation again Sam will be that call.” - Kyle L
“Sam Madia has a kind, caring, considerate heart. His competitive spirit makes him a great lawyer. He always has a kind word for all he meets.” - Suzanne C.