Wes Prince is an experienced and skilled trial lawyer whose practice includes personal injury, wrongful death, employment related claims such as sexual harassment and discrimination, lemon law, and criminal defense whether in city, state, or federal court. As a trial lawyer Wes understands the importance of being prepared, willing, and able to present your case to a jury and ensure that your constitutional rights are upheld.
Wes devotes 100% of his practice to litigation. As a full-time skilled litigator, Wes is regularly engaged by clients and other law firms to tackle the toughest cases throughout West Virginia.
A native of the Southern Coalfields surrounding Beckley, West Virginia, Wes is a 2017 graduate of the West Virginia University College of Law. Prior to graduating law school, Wes was inducted into the Order of Barristers – a national honor society for lawyers who demonstrate exceptional skill in trial advocacy, oral advocacy, and brief writing. When you have been injured, wronged, or harmed through no fault of your own, you can rest easy knowing Wes is doing everything he can to deliver justice to your doorstep.
Allow Wes to bring his down to earth blue collar demeanor and no nonsense approach to your case, give Wes a call to learn how he can help you.
Areas of Practice
- Personal & Catastrophic Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Trucking Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Sexual Harassment
- Lemon Law & Consumer Protection
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Felony and Misdemeanor Criminal Defense
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
Honors and Awards
- Order of Barristers
- Finalist for the 2017 Marlyn E. Lugar trial competition
- Finalist for the 2015 MABLSA trial competition
- Student Body President 2008-2009, Concord University
- 2017-Present – Associate Attorney at Shaffer Madia Law, PLLC
- 2016-2017 – Rule 10 Attorney at the Child & Family Law Clinic, WVU College of Law
- Summer 2016 – Clerk, Federal Public Defender for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Summer 2015 – Clerk for the Honorable Robert Trumble, Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court for the Northern District of WV
- 2012-2014 – Department Manager for Lowe’s Home Centers, LLC
- Summer 2010 – Intern at the United States Department of State
Juris Doctorate - West Virginia University College of Law, 2017
Morgantown, West Virginia
Master of Arts, International Relations - St. John’s University, 2011
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology - Concord University, 2009
Athens, West Virginia
Independence High School, 2005
Coal City, West Virginia